The Civilian Personnel Office services approximately 500 civil service positions supporting the missions of Air Mobility Command, Air Combat Command, Air Education and Training Command and Office of Special Investigation. The types of positions include office administrators, trades and craftsman, police officers, nurses and engineers. Benefits as a federal employee are paid federal holidays, annual and sick leave and could include health and life insurance, tax deferred Flexible Spending Accounts, Federal Long Term Care Insurance, retirement programs and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
To apply for advertised positions U.S. citizens access afciviliancareers for federal employment at: http://afciviliancareers.com
The steps to applying at afciviliancareers are:
2. Find the Right Job for You
3. Read the Job Announcement
4. Apply for the Job
Some of the many civilian resources available on myPers include the following:
* Self-service applications - Employees can initiate or accomplish many personnel actions on line including starting a name change, updating resumes and requesting veteran's preference changes. The pages also contain links to other important personnel resources such as the Office of Personnel Management electronic Official Personnel Folder and the myBiz application, which provides immediate secure access to sensitive employment related information.
* Benefits and Entitlements - On this page employees can learn about their benefits and entitlements and use the online Employee Benefits Information System application to update their benefits. EBIS is the 'go to' application for civilian benefit transactions, and information. Employees can check the status of insurance elections or benefit enrollment, complete a retirement application, change their Thrift Savings Program contributions and much more.
- To access EBIS select the link on the myPers main page under the 'I would like to' section. If you receive a page cannot be displayed error, on your internet browser, click on tools, then internet options, then advanced tab, scroll to the bottom of the list shown, check the box next to Use SSL 2.0 and then hit apply. You should now be able to access.
- Employees log into the site by entering their social security number and their EBIS personal identification number.
- EBIS provides access to enroll to three key benefits programs, Federal Employee Health Benefits, Federal Employee Group Life Insurance, and Thrift Savings Plan. With the exception of the TSP, new employees must complete all selections within the 60-day enrollment period or they will have to wait until the next open season or the occurrence of a qualifying life event, such as marriage or divorce, to enroll.
- The Federal Employee Dental and Vision Insurance Program, Flexible Spending Account and Long Term Care Program enrollment is not done in EBIS. Enrollment instructions for these programs are available on myPers.
- New users who do not have a PIN must click the 'new user' option to create one. Employees, who have forgotten their PIN can reset it by providing six pieces of previously established information. After answering the security questions select, the "forgot login" link and enter the requested information.